First Steps for Setup¶
To participate in today’s classroom activities, you need a few things:
- Get a PC. If you brought your own, you’re set. Plug it in and get comfortable. If not, look for an unoccupied classroom PC at one of the Python-Minecraft tables. If none are available, talk to a mentor.
- Next, talk to mentor to get your lab instance connection card. This card has the unique details you need to connect to the instance. We will need your Mojang account name (the player name, inside Minecraft) so we can set up your instance and give your player permission to connect to it. If you don’t have a Mojang account, we have several available for use in the classroom.
- Make sure your PC is connected to Wi-Fi. If you are using a classroom PC, this may have already been set up. This is covered in more detail in the Wi-Fi instructions.
- Connect to your IPython Notebook and Minecraft worlds. If you are using a classroom PC, this may have already been set up. This is covered in more detail in the lab instance setup instructions.
- Test the connection between Python and Minecraft. Even if you are using a classroom PC, it is good to test out the connection yourself. Instructions are here.
Now that you have a high-level understanding, make sure you have Wi-Fi setup.